Our top-of-the-line APM-HDC-5200 polisher allows you to program your polishing processes through an easy-to-use PC-based Windows-like full-color touch screen panel. Once programmed, the panel displays your settings for speed, time, and pressure, and also prompts the operator for the film, pad, and lubricant needed for each step of the process.
The number of processes that can be defined and stored within the APM-HDC-5200 is only limited by the amount of machine memory. This means hundreds of processes and steps within each process can be stored on a single machine.
The APM-HDC-5200 also has fully programmable pressure and speed ramp rates for slow starting the polishing process. It also has programmable film change counters and maintenance section for alerting operators when to change film or provide service to the machine.
If the number of connectors loaded into the polishing fixture is less than the default that has been programmed, the automatic pressure adjustment feature allows the operator to enter the actual number of connectors loaded. The required pressure is then automatically recalculated to ensure that the individual connector force remains constant regardless of the number of connectors assumed in the process definition.
The APM-HDC-5200 also provides the capability to copy and store your processes to a CompactFlash memory card. The CompactFlash card can be used to backup your defined processes and to copy processes from one machine to another. This not only saves process setup time for each machine, but also ensures consistent process settings.
· PC-Based Full-Color Touch Screen Programmable Interface for defining and storing unlimited processes and for easy-to-use, error-free operation
· CompactFlash Card Technology used for machine-to-machine process replication and process backup
· Automatic Pressure Adjustment to account for a varying number of connectors inserted in the polishing fixture
· Operator Step-by-Step Prompts for film, pad type, and lubricant
· Password Protection of system configuration, process configuration and process transfer modules
· Force, Speed, and Time Displays on the touch screen panel for feedback of process step specific settings
· Programmable pressure and speed ramp for slow starting polishing cycle
· Programmable film change counter
· Programmable maintenance section
· Pneumatically-Controlled Polishing Pressure provides consistent polishing force regardless of ferrule length
· Pivoting Overarm provides easy cleaning of fixtures between steps and quick change of fixtures
· Cable Management System routes cables away from the polishing activity
· Standard 5" Platen with 8" Option provides flexibility in fixture capacity and polishing film size
· Drip Tray swivels in for quick and easy cleaning of fixtures between steps
· Robust Design uses the highest-quality materials machined to nano tolerances
· Quick-Change Fixtures support all industry standard connector types, both single and multiple fiber (Fixtures sold separately)
International Use and CE Certification
The APM-HDC-5200 satisfies universal power requirements. The machine safely operates within a range of 100-240 VAC and 50/60 Hz. A changeable IAC connector is supplied with the machine. Additionally, the APM-HDC-5200 complies with directives of the European Union and is CE certified.